School personnel picked up two new Ford van that were painted with the school name and mission. We are grateful to God and those that contributed to the School Enhancement Plan. The inaugural trip will take students to Indian Creek Camp for the annual Student/Staff Retreat. Other trips will be for Appalachia and to transport our sports teams. If you would like to support the students and the school’s mission you can still contribute the this year’s SEP or talk with Mrs. Teleah Valles-Peters, development office or Mrs. Fuentes, principal. To make a contribution today click here.
During an extended worship time Friday morning, Mr. Garren Carter school counselor shared with students and staff how Jesus communicates. Mr. Carter shared that 7% of what is communicated is done through words. Tone and volume of voice and well as non-verbal gestures make up the other 93% of how people communicate. He focused on the communication skills of both the rich young ruler and Jesus. To further illustrate Michael Jr’s be the punchline video was shown. Both with the biblical story and the video Mr. Carter challenged everyone to acknowledge the resources and gifts of God to us and look for ways to help others with them.
His presentation was part of a week long focus this week at school on communication. This is one of the 7Cs the school family considers a core values. Earlier this week in chapel Mrs. Hardin shared worships on the power of kind words and the characteristics of self-talk. In class Chaplin Jamieson used the bible and videos to illustrate how communication happens.
You are invited to join us for a Prayer Tour of Madison Academy and Madison Campus Elementary on Sabbath, August 12 from 6:30 – 8:00 PM. As we prepare for the coming school year, we want to dedicate our campus. We will begin with worship and then walk the buildings and grounds while praying for our students, families, and teachers.
Madison Academy is still accepting applications. For more information, visit us online at madisonacademy.com or call us at 615.865.4055. Freshmen orientation is Tuesday, August 8 from 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM, and the first day of school is Wednesday, August 9.
In the Spring 2017 issue, the Madison Academy students, staff, and parents on the mission trip to the Dominican Republic (March 2-13) are highlighted in a picture layout.
To see the entire issue go to the Maranatha website.
The Class of 2017 finished their last final today and will begin graduation festivities this evening in the gymnasium at 7:30 pm with Class Night, Consecration-Friday evening at 7:30 pm in the Riverside Seventh-day Adventist Church and Commencement, Saturday evening at 8:30 pm in the Madison Academy gymnasium. Class Night and Commencement services will be live-streamed and available on demand.
Backdrops for Acros home show! Sea battles, pirates, mermaids, stowaways, castaways, Egyptians, and cannibals will combine for a night of entertainment you won’t forget. There’s also a little bit of gymnastics thrown in😀. This Sunday night at 5 pm at the Madison Academy gym, see you there! The event will also be live-streamed and available after the performance on demand.
During the Assembly period on May 10th, the classes met with their sponsors and elected class officers for next school year. The Seniors chose to have instruction and substitute Monday’s instructional time for a breakfast. The incoming Freshmen will elect their officers in the first weeks of next school year. Here are a list of the class officers for 2017-18.
|Class of 2018||Class of 2019||Class of 2020|
|Jordan R Brown||Julianne Plank||Aiden Kroll|
|Nate Higgs||Jack Wheeler||Andre Crayton|
|Cody Tishaw||Camden Armstrong||Ashlyn Levoy|
|Brianna Underwood||Amari Fountain||Spencer Boskind|
|Communications Coordinator||Kayla Kimbley||Marlana Bell||Alexandra Nunez|