Literature Evangelism is a highly effective way of reaching souls for Christ! Through Christ-focused books, the Word of God is shared by students as they go door-to-door. These books will nurture and challenge them physically, mentally and spiritually. Youth Summit is a spiritual experience, praying between every door and with those in great need. Meeting people at doors gives students incredible opportunities to touch lives.
You can join if you:
– Love Jesus
– Are 14 years or older
– Work hard
–Willing to commit to working at least semester
–Want to learn leadership and communication skills
What is a typical workday like?
Youth Summit students work Sunday-Thursday during the school year. After worship and training, students pray together before sharing Jesus with the local communities. They hit the streets, offering people books and free community services, including Bible studies. Teams go out together with highly-trained and experienced leaders.
Why work with Youth Summit?
- Being involved in front-line ministry will stretch and expand your Christian experience. You can look forward to incredible experiences with God and grow in your leadership and people skills.
- You will earn a great scholarship, thus, making school easier to pay for. The average student earns around $2,000-$2,500 during the school year.
- You will develop people skills, as well as leadership skills that you can use with your local youth group.
- Safety! Two-way radios, as well as trained leaders (who work with students constantly), have ensured our students with safety for over twenty years. Learn more about our Safety Standards here.
- Bible workers and church members follow up evangelistic interests, so those spiritual seekers can find what they are looking for.
Q: WHAT IS THE WEEKLY SCHEDULE LIKE?
A: Sundays, students work from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. on Mondays-Thursdays students work from 3-5:30 p.m. Sundays are the best day to work and will make the most impact towards your school bill.
Group A: Sundays, Monday, and Tuesday
Group B: Sundays, Wednesday, and Thursday
Q: HOW WILL I BE PAID?
A: You will be paid monthly. You can have your earnings go straight to your school bill if you choose. Remember if you qualify for the work-matching scholarship you must put a certain amount (determined by your meeting with the business manager) on your school bill.
Q: HOW MUCH COMMISSION WILL I EARN?
A: Commission is 38%. At the end of the program, students who complete their pre-hire time commitment (which is at least a semester) will receive an additional 12% retroactive commission bonus, which will equal 50%. For students to receive their 50% commission, they must work at least 10 Sundays and 30-weekday shifts.
Q: HOW DO THEY INSURE STUDENTS SAFETY?
A: Like any job, there are potential risks. We take student safety very seriously and have many safety precautions such as walkie-talkies, using the buddy system, and teaching students signs to watch out for in both human and canine. Since Rocky Davis has led the programs since 1998, there have been no incidents, PRAISE GOD!
Q: WHO CAN JOIN?
A: Any male or female who is at least 14 years of age or older, who has a love for Jesus, and is willing to make at least a semester commitment to work hard and serve Jesus. If you have questions about your eligibility to work or about the program call Rocky Davis at 615.305.3985